At World Wide Listings we provide high quality legal translation into or from any European language.
The following are categories that usually fall under the term ‘legal translation’:
- Sworn Translation: These translations are endorsed by the seal and signature of a sworn Translator. It is usually the High Courts that authorise such sworn translators to translate documents. The resulting translation is thus recognised as an ‘official document’ by officials in that country. Sworn translation is popular in Europe and other parts of the world.
- Certified translation: this type of translation is more prevalent in the UK and Commonwealth countries. certified translation is very similar to sworn translation but for the fact that certified translators are not appointed by courts or government officials but instead are regulated by translation bodies.
- Notarised translations: notarised translations are a level above sworn and certified translations. The translators will swear by taking an oath before the public notary that they have documented the translation. The notary public will attach a seal to endure that he/she has witnessed the translations and has examined the original documents.
- Apostille: These are notarised translations that are further authenticated by courts (in the case of sworn translations) or a foreign office (in the case of certified translations), as in the case of the UK.
Learn the Importance of Legal Translations for Amazon Sellers
When you are selling in any EU country or even in the UK, if you are based in a country outside of the EU, then you will need to register for VAT from the day you start selling on Amazon FBA or Pan EU FBA. Each EU country has its own legal requirements for documents relating to registration for VAT. But these usually include passports, certificates of incorporation, birth certificates and other documents.
All of these documents, where the source language is different from the target language, needs to be legally translated. At WWL, we have extensive experience in legal translation for VAT purposes and can help you navigate the complex and confusing world of European VAT.
Leverage our Legal Translation Services
- At WWL, we can provide plain, certified or legal translation of any document to and from any language.
- In the EU, you will need legal translation to German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Czech and Polish to meet the VAT specifications in those countries for the purpose of selling Amazon FBA.
- We also provide simple translations of your Amazon listing pages and other official documents.
Legal Translations Are Not A Requirement Only For Amazon Sellers
Wherever you may be located in the world and wherever you are trying to conduct official business. Contact us today to discuss your needs for localisation, translation and legal translation.